Licensed Medical Social Worker (LMSW) / PRN / Hospice
Clinical Care | Dallas, TX | Contract
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity
Seeking experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker for PRN position. The Hospice Medical Social Worker provides medical social services to patients and their families, working as a member of the interdisciplinary hospice team.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for:
- Assessing Significant Social and Emotion Factors for Patients and Families
- Helping Patient and Family to Understand, Accept and Follow Care Plan
- Use All Available Means to Help Patient and Family To Live Better Within Illness Limitations
- Participates in Ongoing Educational Programs and Special Projects
- Supports Staff with Loss and Patient/Family Issues
- *Master’s Degree in Social Work from an Accredited School
- LMSW or LCSW Certification
- Licensed in the State of Texas
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Check
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.