Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Seeking experienced LMSW to join our caring team of professionals serving patients and their families in the Oklahoma City area. The Hospice Medical Social Worker provides medical social services to patients and their families, working as a member of the interdisciplinary hospice team.
Full-time position: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Work For A Leader In Hospice Care
*2017 Hospice Honors recipient for the third year in a row.
Established by Deyta Analytics, this prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality care.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
The Hospice Social Worker provides social services to patients and their families, working as a member of the interdisciplinary hospice team. The Hospice Social Worker is responsible for:
- Demonstrating Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Assessing Significant Social and Emotion Factors for Patients and Families
- Helping Patient and Family to Understand, Accept and Follow Care Plan
- Using All Available Means to Help Patient and Family To Live Better Within Illness Limitations
- Participating in Ongoing Educational Programs
- Supporting Staff with Loss and Patient/Family Issues
- Minimum of One Year of Hospice Social Work Experience Preferred
- Master’s Degree in Social Work From Accredited School
- Valid Drivers License and Auto Insurance
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Checks
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.