Hospice Volunteer Coordinator Full Time - DFW
Clinical Care | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Our Mission…Serving People With Compassion and Dignity
The Hospice Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the development and administration of all aspects of our volunteer services in the including recruiting, interviewing, training, assigning and supporting volunteers.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Hospice experience preferred, or a minimum of two years experience in healthcare leadership, training or project management.
- The ideal candidate will need to be able to lead people and work autonomously and with a team.
Qualities We Seek in a Strong Candidate
- Positive, upbeat, high-energy attitude
- Experience with speaking to groups and ability to approach a wide variety of sources for volunteer recruitment.
- Creative approach to implementing new ideas and problem solving.
- Loves working with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences, and will take ownership of making sure volunteers are comfortable in their roles and appreciated for their time and contributions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and track activities and information as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Above all, must be able to lead others
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. Good Shepherd Hospice is Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Develops and conducts programs for recruiting, training, and retention of volunteers.
- Responsible for screening, selecting, evaluating and counseling of volunteers.
- Supervises each volunteer, including establishing rapport, coaching, compliance, support and recognition.
- Coordinates volunteer trainings.
- Coordinates with the Hospice Team to assess patient/family needs for volunteers.
- Monitors the Volunteer’s adherence to the plan of care.
- Engages the Hospice Team in volunteer program activities and the availability of volunteers for assignment.
- Communicates with team members, patients/family members.
- Reviews and processes volunteer documentation in a timely manner and in compliance with Medicare, licensing laws and Hospice policies.
- Develops and maintains contact with individuals and organizations within the community necessary to support the recruitment and outreach activities of the volunteer program.
- Hospice experience preferred, or minimum of two years experience in recruiting, training and supervising volunteers required.
- Bachelors Degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or related field preferred.
- Excellent organizational, self-management and communication skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to patients and families.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation
Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.