Hospice RN - Full Time
Clinical Care | Wichita, KS | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The Hospice Evening RN provides nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort of patients and families. The Hospice Evening RN assists with on-call by responding to all phone calls promptly and appropriately after hours, making patient visits as necessary and completing after hours admissions and death visits as needed.
Wichita, KS Area: Full-time position: Monday through Friday / 4pm to 11pm
2018 Hospice Honors recipient for the fifth year in a row.
Established by Deyta Analytics, this prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality care.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future and strong leadership to guide us. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Professional Management of the Patient and Family
- Communication with Medical Professionals, the Hospice Team and Others
- Maintaining Accurate, Up-to-Date Records
- Training the Patient and Caregiver
- Elevating Necessary Matters to the Attention of the Patient Care Manager
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation time per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
- Minimum One (1) Year of Hospice Experience Preferred (or previous experience in home health, geriatrics or general medical/surgical nursing)
- Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Strong Organizational and Self-Management Skills
- Commitment to Providing Excellent Customer Service to Patients and Families
- Valid Driver’s License
- Can Successfully Pass Background Checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.