Hospice RN for On Call - Full Time Weekends
Clinical Care | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The On-Call Triage/Visit RN provides nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort of patients and families. The On-Call RN responds to all phone calls promptly and appropriately after hours, makes patient visits as necessary and completes after hours admissions and deaths as needed.
Schedule: Friday - Sunday, 5p - 8a, servicing the DFW area.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future and strong leadership to guide us. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Professional Management of the Patient and Family
- Communication with Medical Professionals, the Hospice Team and Others
- Maintaining Accurate, Up-to-Date Records
- Training the Patient and Caregiver
- Elevating Necessary Matters to the Attention of the Patient Care Manager
- Minimum One (1) Year of Hospice Experience Preferred (or previous experience in home health, geriatrics or general medical/surgical nursing required)
- Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Texas
- Strong Organizational and Self-Management Skills
- Commitment to Providing Excellent Customer Service to Patients and Families
- Valid Driver’s License
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.