Hospice Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Operations | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Seeking Office Manager/Executive Assistant who will lead by example with a positive spirit, a professional demeanor and a can-do attitude. The Office Manager coordinates the overall organization, communications and daily operations of the hospice office in accordance with current federal and company standards, guidelines and regulations, and as directed by the Executive Director.
*Minimum of 2 years relevant medical office experience required - hospice office experience preferred. Resumes not meeting the 2 years medical office experience requirement will not be considered.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Professionally represent Good Shepherd Hospice to the public, while promoting optimal customer service at all times.
- Supervise and manage assignments for office staff.
- Field incoming calls and greet office visitors.
- Ensure records are maintained according to federal, state(s), intermediary, and agency standards.
- Assist the President, Director of Operations, and Executive Director in preparing correspondence, reports and special projects as requested.
- Coordinate intra-office communication (i.e.: memos, messages, and scheduling of meetings).
- Maintain office organization and equipment.
- Maintain payroll information including processing of payroll, PTO, and attendance records.
- Purchase office supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/family status, as well as all personnel information.
- Actively contribute to the well being of our work environment with a positive, polite and accommodating approach with patients/families, staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Participate in our Quality Improvement process.
Good Shepherd Hospice offers full-time employees competitive pay and a benefits package that includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching, an education fund and paid time off.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant medical office experience (including experience in managing staff and medical records) required. Hospice office experience preferred.
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- A self starter with a high degree of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to multi-task while working with minimal supervision.
- Flexible with assignments and able to work with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to manage sensitive issues appropriately and efficiently.
- Can successfully pass criminal background check.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.