Hospice LVN - PRN
Clinical Care | Houston, TX | Contract
Are you a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) who embraces the hospice philosophy and has a heart to serve people with compassion and dignity?
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to work PRN, serving patients and families in the North, Central or South areas of Houston.
The Hospice LVN will supplement the nursing care needs of an assigned group of patients/families, under the direction of a registered nurse (RN), as provided by the registered nurse (RN) in the plan of care. Skilled nursing services will be given in accordance with physician’s orders and are established by the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team under the direction of a registered nurse
Work as little or as much as you like!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for:
- Carrying out physician orders under the direction of a RN
Informing the physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs, after consulting with a supervising RN
- Communicating with medical professionals, the hospice team and others
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
- Attending interdisciplinary team meetings
- Elevating necessary matters to the attention of the patient care manager
- Providing services in accordance with agency policies and regulations that define scope of practice
- Participating in in-service programs
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program
- Current state license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Minimum one year of Hospice or related healthcare experience preferred
- Commitment to Providing Excellent Customer Service to Patients and Families
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle in good working order
- Appropriate auto liability insurance coverage
- Can successfully pass criminal background check
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer