Hospice LPN - Full Time
Clinical Care | Kansas City, MO | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The Hospice LPN makes visits, under the direction of a registered nurse, to supplement the nursing care needs of our patients/families.
- Full-Time Position - 6pm-6am / Friday Saturday and Sunday
- Works From the Hospice Office When Not Making Patient Visits
- Hospice Experience Required
- 5 Weeks Paid Vacation Based on Accrued Hours
Benefits-5 weeks paid vacation time per year based on accrued hours
- Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K Investment Plan with Matching
- Education Fund
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off Per Year Based on Accrued Hours
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. Good Shepherd Hospice is Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Returning phone calls promptly
- Making visits as required
- Working from the hospice office when not making visits
- Carrying out physician orders under the direction of a RN
- Informing the physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs, after consulting with a supervising RN
- Communicating with medical professionals, the hospice team and others
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
- Elevating necessary matters to the attention of the patient care manager
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Hospice experience required
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.