Hospice Intake Coordinator (FT)
Clinical Care | Kansas City, MO | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The Hospice Intake Coordinator assists in gathering required patient information and coordinating enrollment of new patients into hospice program.
- Full-Time Position
- Hospice Intake Experience Required
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. Good Shepherd Hospice is Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Initial contact person for all new inquiries and referrals.
- Responds promptly to any referral or inquiry.
- Coordinates the scheduling of intake personnel to follow up with referrals.
- Provides guidance to hospice staff during the referral and enrollment process.
- Initiates communication with the RN Case Manager regarding eligibility and enrollment into hospice program.
- Informs the RN Case Manager of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Coordinates all admission enrollment paper work.
- Obtains history and physicals, progress notes, lab, nurse’s notes, medication sheets, etc. as needed to complete initial patient assessment.
- Maintains regular communication with the referral source.
- Reviews completed enrollment packet for accuracy and forwards for billing and filing.
- Inputs initial referral information into the computer.
- Communicates with medical professionals, the hospice team and others
- Coordinates completion of admission packets.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records
- Demonstrates strong communication and customer service skills
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage and paid time off.
- Hospice Intake experience required
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.