Hospice Bereavement Coordinator (LMSW) - FT
Bereavement | Muskogee, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity
Seeking MSW to provide excellent bereavement support and services. Working as a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Bereavement Coordinator plans, implements and maintains bereavement services to meet the needs of hospice families and caregivers for up to one year following the death of the individual hospice patient.
- Full-time position / Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Previous experience in medical social work and/or grief support services required
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation time per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Service excellence drives our model for providing quality, compassionate care at the end of life. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. Good Shepherd Hospice is Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Coordinates the assessment and delivery of grief counseling needs and services (one-to-one, groups, and ongoing follow-up) to ensure timely and appropriate services are provided to family/caregivers.
- Plans for Bereavement Program development, expansion and refinement through annual evaluation of services.
- Provides bereavement support to hospice personnel coping with work related grief through one-to-one counseling, special support programs and activities, and referral to community resources.
- Functions independently, but seeks and accepts guidance from other members of the interdisciplinary group, or from members of the community.
- Participates in hospice activities such as inservice education, hospice personnel meetings, and relevant committees.
- Advances professional knowledge and skills.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- MSW - Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited school
- Experience with supporting families/caregivers and patients through serious illness and end of life issues. Experienced with grief counseling.
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance coverage
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.