Hospice Admissions Nurse Full Time - Mon-Fri 10am-7pm
Clinical Care | Independence, MO | Full Time
Do you like to be in the middle of the action and have the clinical and customer service skills to help connect various resources to ensure an exceptional experience for our Hospice families?
The Admissions Nurse manages all activity for the Independence/Northland area regarding the customer flow, admitting all eligible patients and families in conjunction with our Hospice Consultant team and the medical community. This position is full-time with a regular schedule of Monday through Friday, 10am - 7pm.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Responsibilities - Admissions Nurse
1. Coordinates referrals and the communication between Hospice Consultants, the interdisciplinary team and referral sources.
- Answers questions regarding admission criteria, hospice services and referral requests
- Takes admissions referral and records information accurately on the referral forms and tracking sheet
- Contacts physician's office for admission approval when appropriate
- Contacts patient /family and makes appointment for admission interview
2. Processes and completes all admission paperwork
- Provides accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services
- Obtains written consent from patient, family or patient assignee, when criteria for hospice admission is met
- Communicates with referral sources about appointments, MD orders, time frames for admission and any obstacles to an immediate admission
- Contacts patient/family within 24 hours to set-up appointment explaining hospice services
3. Works with the marketing team to assure:
- Strong patient, family, referrer and facility satisfaction
- Appropriate market penetration
- Maximization of hospice census goals
- RN with valid license in the State of Oklahoma and in good standing with the state Board of Nursing
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Hospice or Home Health experience required
- Must be able to work with a high level of urgency
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. Monthly Bonus potential when team goals are met.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.