Hospice Administrative Assistant
Operations | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Looking to grow your career with a dynamic healthcare company?
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an Entry level Administrative Assistant.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday
- Provides support services under the supervision of our Office Manager.
- Supports Good Shepherd's administration accomplish critical operational and strategic goals by assuring effective communication and completion of assigned tasks.
Provides support to the clinical team through the coordination of paraprofessional activities, the organization and management of our medical supply and durable medical equipment inventory and the facilitation of communication with team members. The administrative assistant must be accountable, flexible, respectful and collaborative to assist Good Shepherd in its vision of providing the exceptional hospice experience. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and demonstrate a commitment to the Hospice philosophy of care for the terminally ill.
The Successful Candidate
- Must be well organized, a good communicator and attentive to details
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrative initiative with assigned responsibilities
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the hospice philosophy
- Must be a team player who can keep deadlines and provide appropriate communication
- A high school diploma with at least two years of college or comparable work experience in a professional setting, supporting leadership with projects, task completion, and follow through.
- Experience operating office machines such as fax, copier and multi-line telephones required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and medical billing is a plus. Experience with medical billing is beneficial.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and privacy of information regulations is helpful.
- Basic filing, scanning, alphabetizing skills are required.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Good Shepherd Hospice offers a generous compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. For part-time positions, please inquire with the hiring manager about specific benefits associated with your position.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.