Healthcare Receptionist - Part Time
Operations | Joplin, MO | Part Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Seeking experienced Receptionist to join our team in providing the exceptional hospice experience for our patients and their families. Our ideal candidate will possess a positive demeanor and professional office experience that demonstrates strong abilities to be accountable, flexible, respectful and collaborative.
- Part-time position - Monday through Friday
- Medical office experience required
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995, and today have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Promptly and courteously answers and screens phone calls; routes calls as appropriate within established customer service guidelines; accurately records messages and delivers to the appropriate party.
- Greets visitors promptly and courteously; ascertains their needs and provides assistance in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Promptly sorts, opens and distributes mail.
- Creates and diligently maintains a variety of confidential files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors office and medical supply levels and orders accordingly.
- Assists with correspondence.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate
- Must possess strong customer service skills and a commitment to the Hospice philosophy of care.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator and attentive to details.
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrative initiative with assigned responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the hospice philosophy.
- Must be a team player who can keep deadlines and provide appropriate communication.
- Medical office experience required.
- Experience editing written material such as reports, letters, memos and other documents.
- Experience with operating office machines such as fax, copier and multi-line telephones.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.