Certified Medical Coder Hospice / FT / Wichita
Operations | Wichita, KS | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
* Certification in ICD-10 Coding Required
Seeking experienced Coding Specialist with strong organizational and communication skills to join our Coder Team working from our Wichita, Kansas office.
Full-time position / Monday through Friday / 8AM to 5PM
The Coding Specialist is responsible for reviewing documentation of services and verifying ICD codes for medical services performed. The Coding Specialist applies knowledge of medical terminology and pathology of disease processes while analyzing clinical documentation; is accountable for review of electronic medical records using ICD and American Medical Association methodology to ensure that records are being coded accurately; and assists with quality assurance efforts.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, management and others as necessary
- Demonstrates understanding of clinical documentation that drives high-quality comprehensive coding and uses knowledge to effectively augment clinical providers’ training in compliant documentation practices that support accurate coding
- Maintains current knowledge of: a) health care reimbursement methodologies and applies this knowledge to daily practice; and b) clinical indicators that support accurate and complete coding
- Effectively communicates with and acts as a resource to staff to resolve documentation issues as they arise to ensure accuracy of coding
- Contacts responsible practitioner if coding clarification is warranted
- Maintains a working knowledge of CMS and insurance/payer guidelines to assure use of correct coding policies and guidelines
- Participates in continuing education to stay current with coding changes, additions, deletions, and updates as necessary
- Actively participates in quality assurance processes/programs
- Must possess emotional intelligence and the ability to promote positive, constructive relationships with communication and collaboration at all levels
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Certified Professional Coder certification (CPC) required; experienced in ICD-10 Coding.
- At least 2 years of hospice or clinical coding experience with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass criminal background check
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.