Administrative Assistant / Medical Office Experience Req
Operations | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Seeking experienced medical office Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant must be accountable, flexible, respectful and collaborative to assist Good Shepherd in its vision of providing the exceptional hospice experience. All team members are expected to have strong customer service skills and demonstrate a commitment to the Hospice philosophy of care.
*Hospice office experience preferred / minimum of two years of medical office experience (including experience with medical records) required. Candidates not meeting these qualifications will not be considered.
- Full-time position - Monday through Friday / 8am to 5pm
2018 Hospice Honors recipient for the fifth year in a row.
Established by Deyta Analytics, this prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality care.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support under the supervision of our Office Manager:
- Promptly and courteously answers and screens phone calls; routes calls as appropriate within established customer service guidelines; accurately records messages and delivers to the appropriate party.
- Greets visitors promptly and courteously; ascertains their needs and provides assistance in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Promptly sorts, opens and distributes mail.
- Creates and diligently maintains a variety of confidential files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors office and medical supply levels and orders accordingly.
- Assists with correspondence.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate
- Must be well organized, a good communicator and attentive to details.
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrative initiative with assigned responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the hospice philosophy.
- Must be a team player who can keep deadlines and provide appropriate communication
- Medical office experience and experience with medical records required.
- Experience editing written material such as reports, letters, memos and other documents.
- Experience with operating office machines such as fax, copier and multi-line telephones.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Good Shepherd Hospice offers a generous compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.