Operations | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Looking to grow your career with a dynamic healthcare company?
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an Administrative Assistant.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday
- Provides support services under the supervision of our Office Manager.
- Supports Good Shepherd's administration accomplish critical operational and strategic goals by assuring effective communication and completion of assigned tasks.
Provides support to the clinical team through the coordination of paraprofessional activities, the organization and management of our medical supply and durable medical equipment inventory and the facilitation of communication with team members. The administrative assistant must be accountable, flexible, respectful and collaborative to assist Good Shepherd in its vision of providing the exceptional hospice experience. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and demonstrate a commitment to the Hospice philosophy of care for the terminally ill.
The Successful Candidate
- Must be well organized, a good communicator and attentive to details
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrative initiative with assigned responsibilities
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the hospice philosophy
- Must be a team player who can keep deadlines and provide appropriate communication about order, project and other requests
- Experience with basic human resources functions and a working knowledge of the bookkeeping process is helpful
- A high school diploma with at least two years of college or comparable work experience in a professional environment supporting mangers and co-workers with projects, task completion, and follow through.
- Must have experience editing written material such as reports, letters, memos and other documents.
- Must have experience with operating office machines such as fax, copier and multi-line telephones.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and medical billing is a plus. Experience with medical billing is beneficial.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and privacy of information regulations is helpful.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Good Shepherd Hospice offers a generous compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. For part-time positions, please inquire with the hiring manager about specific benefits associated with your position.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.