Medical | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Temp to Perm
- Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short term and long range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic test, such as x rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publication; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experience growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and "bed side manner" skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills