Online Media Buyer
Advertising | Toronto, ON, Canada
Based in Toronto, Canada, Goddess Connections has offices and team locations across Canada, United States and around the world. As a leading niche digital publisher focused on women in leadership, Goddess Connections publishes titles and digital editions through its primary brands: this includes inbox magazines, digital and printed books, audio CDs, podcasts, streaming video and DVDs.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business and our mission. If you are looking to be part of a culture of influence, opinion, boundary shattering, thought provoking creative excellence, then your talent and aspirations might fit within Goddess Connections. Your reward above all are the lives you help change for the better.
Job Description: Online Media Buyer
The Online Media Buyer opportunity is a part - time position with the opportunity for extension or permanent full - time. This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to learn marketing and media buying skills in the online media and internet marketing industry with an opportunity to grow with the company.
In this role, you will plan and develop digital advertising programs; and negotiate, purchase, and steward all forms of interactive media as well as print marketing campaigns in support of all Goddess Connections brands. This will include direct response campaigns. Be ready to calculate ROI from CPM and CPC campaigns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops and implements online media campaigns.
- Optimizes campaigns based on reporting results.
- Evaluates content, coverage, and positioning, rates and audience composition of all relevant media vehicles to determine those that will most effectively reach target audiences.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for online advertising.
- Gathers statistics and prepares media plan, flow charts and directives to guide buying process.
- Calculates reach and frequency of online campaigns.
- Negotiates and documents rates, special placements and added value.
- Confers with media leaders to establish objectives and strategies that satisfies marketing objectives.
- Presents media plans to for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Maintains all online media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results.
- Provides reports based on campaign goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business and marketing objectives.
- Keeps current on interactive trends and digital developments.
- Travels occasionally to supported markets or events.
- Undergraduate business degree with a focus on marketing, advertising, statistics or business administration preferred
- Experience using Google AdWords and Google Analytics preferred, certification a plus.
- Business English - Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability of intelligent initiative and detail oriented.
- At least three years of progressive online interactive media planning and/or buying experience required; specifically in the following disciplines: Online Display and Direct Response Marketing.
- Attention to detail, strong mathematical and analytical abilities required.
- Have existing industry contacts such as list brokers, list managers and publishers.
- Keen interest in Media; Publishing - Print & Digital, Internet, Social Media, Broadcast Television, Movies, Documentaries, Music, Live Events, Journalism & Currents Events.
- Google Documents and Spreadsheets and/or Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
- You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and analytical work.
- You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver.
- You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
- You read, write and speak another language.
- We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
- Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
- Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
- Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!
- Potential for Full Time Position and additional roles.
Goddess Connections is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.