Managing Editor / Writer – Dating/Relationships for Women
Editorial | Toronto, ON, Canada
- Does writing about women’s issues with respect to relationships, sex and dating get you all fired up?
- Are you the one that all of your girlfriends come to for advice on relationships, sex or dating and you love to help them out?
- Are you looking to break into the world of creative journalism and looking for an avenue to share your ideas and opinions?
An established dating advice site (that is a division of controversial women’s magazine publisher) is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial writer/editor to work in-house (with virtual access) to prepare features, advice, commentary and editorial content for our women’s newsletters and products/services.
This is a “work-hard, get dirty” environment; one where you will be challenged on a daily basis and yet encouraged to speak your voice and to make an immediate impact on the organization and the audience we serve.
This particular team that you would be working with is growing and re-forming and offers you an opportunity to help shape content and customer products on day one. Your initial focus will be sourcing and writing pitches, articles, blogs, curation/commentary and social media content for the company’s dating division. You will be published to a worldwide audience and will work closely with the other brand on women’s issues pertaining to relationships, sex and of course, dating. You will be working with and have access to world-renowned subject matter experts, thought leaders and women who run it in all different walks of life. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience.
– Four-year degree in journalism, women’s studies, health sciences, psychology, sociology, anthropology, literature, history, English or other relevant relationship or editorial-related major.
– Excellent writing and editing skills (This above all else is the most important as you will be writing under deadline).
– A track record of successful research projects and knowledge of online research tools, including search engines, current events/affairs sites.
– Excels in working in a collaborative environment including virtually.
– A highly entrepreneurial attitude and desire to learn about the publishing industry.
– Minimum one or two years of professional writing and/or editing experience.
– Knowledge of, expertise or significant interest in women in relationships in the following areas:
romantic literature, erotica, relationships/parenting/dating, sex/health and/or fashion/beauty, opinions and commentary.
– Experience working in a accurate deadline-driven environment.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations for consideration.
In your submission, please also include two writing samples and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application.
The first of your choice would be from your existing portfolio* and the second, a 650 -1000 word article on one of the following:
1. Where are all the great guys? (I have tried everything!)
2. Why he isn't ready for a long term committed relationship?
* College and graduate school papers are welcome, as they demonstrate your ability to write and think critically.
- Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
- You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and creative work; written, audio, video and events.
- Know your way around Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Apps. You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
- You read, write and speak another language.
- We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
- Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
- Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!