Web UI Developer
Software Development | Chicago, IL, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect.
We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Web UI Developer, you will be required to manage a variety of design and development services. We are partnering with the client in building a front-end component library that is used across the company to build consumer facing application for multiple lines of business. The latest version of the library is being developed using React as the base library so knowledge of it and related technologies is required. The person will be required not only to develop new components but also to participate actively in the design and architecture of such project, as well as providing guidance to app development teams using this component library and front-end development best practices.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Develop UI components based on ReactJS according to specification defined for its visual design, interaction design and accessibility requirements.
- Participate actively in the design and architecture discussions of the individual UI components as well as the library as a whole.
- Conduct research activities of different technologies that could be incorporated as part of the library.
- Potentially participate in the development of tooling mechanisms required to build the component library as part of the continuous integration pipelines.
- Provide guidance to application development teams using the component library in terms of best practices.
- Gather feedback from other application developers in the use of the library and share it with the team to enhance the design and architecture of the component library to improve its usability and adoption.
- Participate in support activities to help application developers get the most out of the component library.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- React JS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Operate with a sense of urgency.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are ready.