User Experience Designer
Design | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Your client-facing facilitation skills, collaborative nature, curiosity around new tech, passion for human-centered design, and critical thinking skills will be crucial to your success as a User Experience Designer at PointSource.
- Experience designing experiences that go beyond the screen, such as conversational UI
- Experience applying a human-centered design process to projects that utilize AI, machine learning and blockchain
- Interest in applying design thinking to the experience of machines
- Success working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience thriving on Agile teams
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Lead workshops and participatory design activities that surface opportunities, unite teams, and translate vision into action
- Construct and execute user research plans using an assortment of qualitative methods
- Distill research findings into UX artifacts such as personas and journeys
- Use lean design techniques to rapidly ideate and validate designs with users, early and often
- Through collaboration with cross-functional agile teams, design digital solutions that marry business goals with user needs
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Curious in general, but especially about the future of AI and emerging technologies and what it means for industry
- Client-facing confidence to lead; humility to learn from others
- Prefer an open, highly participatory work style
- Inclined to focus on possibilities rather than limitations
- Facilitation skills, including the ability lead activities, read a room, build consensus, keep people on task, and quickly process information
- Clearly communicate design decisions and build consensus through persuasive artifacts and conversation
- Understanding of user research methodologies and when to apply them
- Impressive portfolio* that shows:
- An understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform solutions
- Samples of user-centered digital projects such as mobile apps, responsive websites, kiosk displays, chatbots, or similar
- Clearly stated project outcomes
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to frequently travel to visit teammates, out-of-state clients and end-users
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Information Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Behavioral Science, a similar emphasis, or equivalent professional experience
- Native-level English fluency
Must submit an online portfolio of work in order to be considered.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.