Technical Manager (London)
Technical Manager | London, UK | Full Time
Globant (www.globant.com) is a new-breed technology services provider focused on delivering innovative software solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We combine strong Engineering and creative Design to deliver digital products that are appealing to large audiences. Globant is the place where engineering, design and innovation meet scale. Over the past 12 years we have created a top tier organization of over 4.000 professionals working for companies like LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, WT, Zynga, and Google to name just a few.
As a global company listed in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: “GLOB”), we have consistently strove to develop our areas of expertise and concentrated them into 12 Studios, each one equipped with several practices designed to satisfy the expectations of the most demanding clients and global audiences. This unique business model has led to many industry successes that include being selected as Endeavor Entrepreneur (2005); being named among the top 10 product engineering vendors (2011) by Global Services; being recognized among the top 10 vendors in mobile applications development (2012) by IDC Survey; being included in the 2010 Cool Vendor in Business Process Services Report by Gartner; and being featured as success case study at Harvard, MIT, Stanford and other top universities.
At Globant we engage at all levels with passion, innovation and a near obsession on adding value to our clients with each interaction. As such we seek people with similar drive and ethics to join our growing team in London
OUR IDEAL TECHNICAL MANAGER:
- Works together with Project Managers, Tech Leads and SMEs in the execution and delivery of large to small projects. Responsible for all technology definitions along with the SME ensuring good quality, best practices, following Globant's processes.
- Reports: Technical Director, Technical Studio Partner
- Direct reports: Technical Leaders, Developers Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Assume the responsibility of driving a team through the complete life cycle of a software project. Responsible for the overall estimation, execution, and success of a complex technical project. Be able to manage a team or several teams in accounts with more than 30 FTEs, ensuring the technical alignment and quality of delivery across different projects.
- In charge of ensuring that all the technical processes that certify the quality of ou delivery are being followed as specified by our corporate delivery framework an metrics.
- Could be the owner of an area of domain in the scope of his account or studio, driving several activities like trainings or keeping in check good practices.
- Work closely with operations to keep in check the client's needs and have a proactive participation in the detection of technical opportunities to make the business grow offering improvements in our solutions to the client.
- Proactively collaborate in presales activities like presentations, estimations and staff planning. Be a focal point and a facilitator that connects TL's and all the technical globbers under his scope to the resources that they need in order to grow, perform better in their projects, connect with other technical areas, or improve in any way that globant offer as an booster in their career.
- Research and learn new technologies.
- Have a deep understanding of the Globant Delivery Framework, and a goodunderstanding of the Skills required for your Studio Practices as well as your current account technical and business needs across all teams.
- Coach project team members in good design and coding practices.
- Institutionalize good practices in a way that is sustainable and scale.
- Align all coaching initiatives with career and globant current learning platforms, make all trainings as widely available as possible.
- Assures the overall technical quality of the solution.
- Being able to define, estimate and deliver complex technical projects, ensuring globant quality standards and processes as well as the client's needs.
- Report status of multiple projects as well as risks and opportunities of improvement.
- Follow Globant's report policies associated with our delivery methodology if possible, i not try to establish a clear report procedure that will keep all aspects of technical delivery in check catching any plan deviation at an early stage.
- Ensure that the project documentation is updated and shared across all the account, improve and facilitate access to technical standards and assets across several projects, coordinate efforts of technical experts, SMEs and the Client to have the documentation covered.
- Coordinate efforts with the appropriate areas to keep the staffing of the projects in check, thinking ahead of the demand and proactively being aware of the clients needs.
- Facilitate interviews with SMEs, TLs and experts of the studio and the account.
- Take interviews related with your profile and your project needs.
- Experience in backend development, object-oriented patterns, media streaming technology, asynchronous programming. Having platform-specific development experience is a plus.
- Expert Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum), Globant’s internal processes (QCI) & tools: Glow, Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, Bamboo and many more.
We seek to deliver the optimal blend of engineering, design, and innovation capabilities to harness the potential of emerging technologies and trends to meet our clients’ needs. We look at the software development process from these three different but complementary angles in a constant quest for new insights. Did we also mention that we like to geek out and have fun with contests, hackathons, and prototyping with partners like Google ATAP Group on the Project Ara platform? We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
So if you would like to exercise your true potential, be mission critical to the product you are delivering, and be highly valued...then please contact us today!
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited 3rd party resumes.