Software Development | New York, NY, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are a Technical Leader you know your way around Java Technologies and you have a solid understanding of Software Development, delivery and agile teams, we want to meet you.
As a Technical Leader you will enable our development teams to work effectively and consistently together with the client and support our technology group. This role is a leader, coach and mentor for the team. Through your technical mastery and leading by example you will coach and elevate your team to perform above their individual potential.
- Strong backend / API experience
- Senior experience in Java technologies
- Experience acting as a liaison for a team in a different location.
TECHNOLOGY & TEAM:
• Enable the team to design solutions with a sustainable architecture in mind, collaborating in building a clear and shared understanding / vision of it within the team
• Make effective and timely use of escalations to the account team and/or client when needed.
• Actively support team wellness through building an environment of trust, openness and safe experimentation.
• Train and Mentor the team in the correct understanding of technical practices, enabling the team to identify how to get most value out of them within the context of the project.
• Actively engage in coordination efforts with other TLs from the engagement in order to build a cohesive execution strategy and collaborate as much as possible.
• Comply with development and corporate processes and standard practices.
• Status reporting
• Set up teams by selecting team members based on project needs & engagement constraints and setting them up for success by building a shared understanding of the client expectations and engagement conditions.
• Actively look for opportunities of growth for Globant’s position within the client engagement and follow through accordingly to actually turn them into new business (i.e. supporting proposals, contributing to forming new teams, etc.).
• Take care of team logistics in terms of anticipating development environment needs and engaging whoever needed to make them timely available for the team.
• Actively participate in the hiring & interviewing process of new potential talent for the company, with particular focus on technical evaluations.
• Manage customer satisfaction through the regular submission of surveys and follow through corrective/improvement actions with the team as needed.
• Prepare for and attend to project audits, holding discussions and getting to agreements with a constructive and value-driven mindse
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.