Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant we boost our client's digital experience by ideating and creating the most innovative software products leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. The most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team result in 19 studios where engineering and design meet scale to create digital journeys.
We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
We're seeking a Technical Leader who will enable our development teams to work effectively and consistently together with the client and support our technology group. This role is a leader, coach and mentor for the team. Through technical mastery and leading by example, a Technical Leader will coach and elevate the team to perform above their individual potential.
Reports to: Technical Director
Direct reports: Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers
- 5+ years of minimum relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization working with agile teams.
- 2+ years of minimum relevant experience leading/coaching agile teams of 5+ members.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Enable the team to design solutions with a sustainable architecture in mind, collaborating in building a clear and shared understanding / vision of it within the team
- Make effective and timely use of escalations to the account team and/or client when needed.
- Actively support team wellness through building an environment of trust, openness and safe experimentation.
- Train and Mentor the team in the correct understanding of technical practices, enabling the team to identify how to get most value out of them within the context of the project.
- Actively engage in coordination efforts with other TLs from the engagement in order to build a cohesive execution strategy and collaborate as much as possible.
- Comply with development and corporate processes and standard practices.
- Status reporting
- Responsible for Configuration Management Planning.
- Responsible for defining and setting baselines.
- Define and implement the strategy to assemble the product from the product components, ensure that the product, as integrated, behaves properly, and deliver the product.
- Plan, schedule, execute, report and control the strategy to move releases to test and live environments, ensuring the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
- Actively look for opportunities of growth for Globant's position within the client engagement and follow through accordingly to actually turn them into new business (i.e. supporting proposals, contributing to forming new teams, etc.).
- Take care of team logistics in terms of anticipating development environment needs and engaging whoever needed to make them timely available for the team.
- Design and programming languages as Java / Visual C# .NET / Visual Basic .NET
- Expert knowledge of OO Analysis and Design, Design Patterns and Frameworks as AngularJS, NodeJS, React, and more.
- Expert Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum) and Tools like: Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GitHub and more.
- Capacity to understand and develop a business Vision
- Conflict Resolution
- Flexibility and adaptable
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Negotiation skills
- Mentoring a team
- Deep experience with Agile
- Passion around technology
- Player- coach mentality
- Strong communication skills