Technical Java Manager
Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are a Technical Java Manager you know your way around Java and Web Services and you have a solid understanding of backend technologies, we want to meet you.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- Implement effective engineering processes, technology, and policies for sustained growth.
- Collaborate with Product Management to plan, deliver and service features.
- Motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Drive technical initiatives, reduce tech debts and make improvements in systems.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Code alongside your team.
- Build and maintain a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and business partners.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Java and Web services
- UNIX/Linux experience, and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE).
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Currently working in TDD style, experience and affinity with dev-authored integration and functional tests
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- 5+ years of back-end engineering experience and 2+ years of experience with management responsibilities.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large applications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate desired outcomes.
- Highly organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Ability to gather product & business requirements, validate new ideas and proposals.
- Proven experience delivering mission critical, high-value products and services.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.