Technical 3D Artist
Gaming | Mountain View, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant we boost our client's digital experience by ideating and creating the most innovative software products leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. The most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team result in 19 studios where engineering and design meet scale to create digital journeys.
We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Technical 3D Artist
Globant's Gaming Studio works with the top video game companies in the world, designing and developing top quality games for the new generation of consoles and mobile devices.
We're looking for talented 3D Technical artist who have a passion for gaming, to join one of our multiple teams of experienced console developers on triple A games for PS4 and Xbox One.
As a technical artist you fully understand the technology behind the creation and display of video game art. You will be the bridge between the artists and the game engine, improving the tools & processes used by the team to increase both the efficiency of the artist’s workflow and the game performance.
• Work with modelers and animators to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
• Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
• Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
• Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
• Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
• Collaborate with engineers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
• Document pipeline and tools development processes
• Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
• Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
• At least 3 years of experience in the video game industry
• Shipped titles as a 3D Technical Artist
• Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of the performance implications of game art asset creation
• Experience working in node based game engine editors
• Experience rigging 3D characters for animation
• Experience with particle and visual FX systems
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.