Sr AWS Cloud Engineer (Relocation to USA)
Infrastructure | Mexico City, DF, Mexico | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a Sr AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team. We currently have multiple amazing projects across the US!
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO WORK ON THESE AREAS:
Delivery and communication
- Foresee needs and facilitate communication to propose and set solutions before those needs become blockers
- Participate in intra-pods meetings to ensure practices leverage and communication
- Provide clear and complete feature envisioning and definition by collaborating with peers and colleagues
- Communicate effectively within the team, the group, and other departments
- Facilitate and support team execution
On site - Off Shore interface
- Become a focal point for the off-shore teams
- Responsible for finding solutions for infrastructure problems for off-shore teams
- Be aware and communicate about decisions made in terms of architecture or procedures to Globant team
- Work together with the Architects and be accountable for aligning the team to architectural, technical, functional, performance guidelines.
- Enhance team technical capabilities and workforce through the understanding of industry trends and individuals in the marketplace.
- Act as a technical and operational subject matter expert for an assigned area.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCEED:
- +4 years of experience as Cloud Engineer or DevOps
- Experience on working with Cloud Services (AWS or GCP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding about CI and CD processes
- Experience on defining and implementing architecture, HA setups and backup definitions for web tools
- Strong experience in supporting development teams and Java developments / Projects
- Good understanding about the microservices concepts
- Knowledge about VPN implementations
- Experience in Docker, GIT, Jenkins, Sonar
- Experience in any Configuration Management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Experience in any Repository Manager service (Artifactory, Nexus, etc)
- Knowledge in any System Control Version platform (Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc)
- BS in Computer Science of equivalent field (professional card required)
- Experience on managing and supporting Kubernetes
- Experience in Network Administration (Load Balancers, VPN servers, etc)
- Amazon AWS - Certified Solutions Architect
Globant will offer relocation aid and TN visa sponsorship under the TN NAFTA Agreement. We have openings for you all across USA!
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.