Software Developer II Java
Software Development | Seattle, WA, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect.
We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, e-commerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Software Developer who will find new ways to delight our users and help conceptualize and build the next generation of our advertising products. We work in small teams with the freedom to creatively define and solve problems. Our platform is diverse and you will have the opportunity to learn, innovate, and own new technologies and direction as we rapidly iterate on our services for users and developers.
YOU WILL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to leverage the latest technologies, define new platform features and build the technical product backlog
- Engineer scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads across all Expediagroup.com pages
- Implement custom advertising solutions on web pages owned by other teams within the company
- Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing Expedia technologies and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development
- 7+ years’ experience in Java (or similar) development
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS, and the standards for each, including working with all major modern browsers
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products in high load production environments, world-class enterprise and/or ecommerce systems
- Structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object oriented design
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Dedication to writing and maintaining high quality code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as Spring MVC
- Experience with online advertising
- Experience investigating and optimizing web performance
- Experience with web analytics tools or processes
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are ready.