Software Developer I Java
Software Development | Chicago, IL, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect.
We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are a Software Developer seeking new exciting challenges where you can make an impact working for one of the largest Online Travel Ecommerce web sites in the world, look no further. The Content Systems team is seeking Developers with a passion for the delivery of software solutions in an agile development environment.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- High-volume content distribution across multiple transactional sites around the globe.
- Localization of content in more than 40 languages for all Expedia teams.
- Fact-based text generation for several lines of business.
- Multiple machine learning projects to optimize content acquisition, deduplication and metadata extraction.
- Design, develop, debug, support and modify software applications and tools in an agile environment.
- Working on projects that have a direct impact on customers and support strategic initiatives of brands or business units.
- Joining an energetic environment where each team member's proactivity and contribution is important.
- Developing in an environment where the definition of done includes high quality deliverables via unit testing, code review, integration testing.
- Be part of a team with a strong will to deliver results that brings value to the business.
- Develop using best practices of continuous integration (DevOps) as well as some of the best cloud technologies.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a software developer in the Java ecosystem.
- A good knowledge of Java 8 or more, Spring, Spring Boot.
- Kotlin, AWS, work in an Agile/Kanban environment will be an asset.
- Interest in continuous integration/continuous delivery infrastructure.
- A strong will and ability to learn new technologies.
- An excellent team spirit.
- An ability to communicate with stakeholders having various roles and belonging to different business units.
- Fluent English (French is also an asset).
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.