Senior Visual Designer
Design | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be expected to apply visual design best practices and company standards to our next generation digital experiences, with high focus on developing consistent, branded visual interfaces that maximize engagement with our clients
Collaborates directly with a team of product owners, marketing managers, and UX designers to design the front end of web application interfaces that balance user need with business goals.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience working with web-based business applications, in close collaboration and contributing to interaction design, significant experience with mobile and tablet/touch enabled devices, and will possess the ability to deliver creative solutions within a strong established brand. Leading experience is a plus.
- Create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions for web and mobile application interfaces that work to achieve business goals.
- Closely collaborate with Ux Design, Technology, and Business teams to solve for complex issues, like interaction models and data visualization, to define appropriate solutions.
- Communicate and "sell" your design solutions to teammates, product managers, partners, etc.
- Employ rapid concept ideation to turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity.
- Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and style guides.
- Act as a Brand Stewart.
- Approach all projects with a focus on communication hierarchy using layout, color, typography, proportion, iconography, photography, motion / rich media and brand
- Generate multiple concepts that fulfill product requirements, articulate the relative merits of each concept, and make recommendations for which would best meet the project goal
- Create and maintain production assets, update style guide and documentation as necessary
- 7+ years visual design experience in a collaborative environments
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and general design
- Passion for design, innovation, and teamwork
- Demonstrated knowledge of interaction design and methodology
- Strong communications, executive presentation and negotiation skills
- Encompass knowledge of animation, motion design and dynamic interaction skills
- Mobile or tablet design experience
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- In-depth understanding of HTML and CSS with the basics in HTML5
- Expert skills in Creative Suite including Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator image creation
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.