Senior Visual Designer
Design | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be expected to apply visual design best practices and company standards to our next generation digital experiences, with high focus on developing consistent, branded visual interfaces that maximize engagement with our clients
Collaborates directly with a team of product owners, marketing managers, and UX designers to design the front end of web application interfaces that balance user need with business goals.
- Envision and develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs
- Envision workflows, different consumer facing buy frameworks including buying via maps, sections and more
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation and improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Conceive, manage, and lead project design from start to finish
- Identify user needs and business requirements
- Substantiate design approach with analysis & projections for improvements in key metrics
- Create design deliverables such as specifications, process flows, wireframes, and mockups
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as well as the greater UX team throughout the design process
- Collaborate harmoniously with multiple stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback appropriately with equanimity and a user centered focus
- Procure buy in with stakeholders early and often
- During implementation phase respond to daytoday questions from developers, product managers & project managers. Also work with QA to identify, document, and verify bug fixes
- Understand responsive and mobile design constraints
- 6 plus years design experience
- A proven expert in both web and mobile experience design and is an extremely customercentric, creative leader & thinker with the ability to inspire designers to deliver excellence in design thinking and innovation.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills with an ability to lead collaborative design sessions and decision making across the organization
- Critical influencing skills with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate the value of design to product, business, and technology leaders and ability to articulate your design vision and defend your design decisions
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be a self starter that can create schedules, prioritize and define scope of work, and accomplish many tasks even when there are no clear requirements and direction
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers with strong business results
- A driver of simplicity and fierce prioritization with partners and team members for a great user experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design, or equivalent experience
- We require a very in-depth and detail orientated skillset with a high level of execution and visual design while also being able to map out flows and edge-cases
All of our designers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.