Senior UX Researcher
Design | Los Angeles, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be working with a variety of qualitative research techniques. So strong experience and competencies with these technologies are required.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
The ideal candidate is skilled at conducting qualitative user studies, can provide strong insights, and produce high quality deliverables. We work closely with our clients to ensure that users’ needs are represented in solutions at all levels and provide actionable recommendations whenever we can. We work in a very nimble and agile way, and we’re growing fast.
- Interview stakeholders and users to elicit product strategy and requirements
- Lead UX research, ideation, and whiteboarding activities
- Produce visual documentation (flows, diagrams, and maps)
- Craft written requirements (user stories) with the Product Manager
- Create designs and low fidelity prototypes
- Conduct user testing sessions, then refine user test feedback into actionable product design iterations
- Work with the Agile dev team to ensure designs are faithfully executed
- 5 + years Experience as a UX Researcher
- Portfolio - boxes and arrows, wireframe, case studies, etc going through all phases of a product development
- Excels at interpersonal skills required to: present to executives, empathize with users, and drive product excellence with Agile dev teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Engineering backgroung desirable
- Sketch.app - deep knowledge of Sketch best practices, symbols, vector editing, etc.
- InVision - creating clickable prototypes, collaborating with others
- Omnigraffle - flows, diagrams, and other visual documentation
- Mac and Windows Office - ability to create beautiful presentations and documents
- Bonus: Adobe Create Suite, Jira, Confluence, Git, prototyping tools like Framer.js or Principle
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.