Senior Usability Researcher
Design | New York, NY, USA | Full Time
The Usability Researcher leads research efforts and consumer insight generation on multidisciplinary projects for our clients. She/he works with clients to understand their challenges, frustrations, and opportunities, and implements customer research based on the specific project and client needs.
You are passionate about observing people to uncover their deep needs and values. You are natural in interviewing people to understand what their lives are about and interacting with clients to help them better articulate their challenges. You have a curious mind and easily make connections between diverse fields and industries. You use this diverse input to illuminate new insights for new or existing services, products and/or features.
- Manage and conduct usability studies, from requirements gathering to reporting. This is inclusive of defining objectives, creating the approach, fielding the study, and synthesizing findings. Deliverables often include: participant screeners, discussion guide/approach outlines, findings reports, and research readouts
- Moderate usability testing interviews with customers. In addition, implement in-depth interviews, contextual studies, diary studies, ethnography, and co-creation, when the study warrants these approaches
- Be consultative, working directly with clients to understand their business, challenges, pain points and opportunities, continuously adding value and managing expectations
- Be a hands-on practitioner to create user experience documentation, and contribute to the creation of high level strategy, digital journeys, and customer mind maps
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and fellow researchers in order to translate consumer and business insights into actionable and tangible specifications or changes to a feature or product
- Creates usable solutions to problems with little or no direction
- Collaborate with the client and present your ideas to top-level stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in moderating usability studies in a client-facing environment
- Confidence leading user research to reveal deep insights about user needs. Able to determine how a product should be evolved and refined, while taking business and technical constraints into account
- Experience writing recruitment screeners, discussion guides, and report decks
- Stellar communication including interpersonal and writing skills. Experience presenting and helping clients understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research
- Experience with a variety of other qualitative research methodologies is a plus (such as 1:1 interviews, moderating group conversations, contextual inquiry, and ethnographic research)
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology, Information Science, Anthropology, Sociology, or other related field
- Experience working with Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Self-motivated: You work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback
- Experience working within a variety of industries (finance is a plus)
- Willing to travel for research (up to 15%)
- Case studies/portfolio of work is required
Our company culture is about being smart but not stuffy, independent yet collaborative, telling it like it is yet being respectful, and hard-working without over-working. We reward innovation, sharing and collaboration and support continuous personal development. At Globant we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organisation and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale.
Inside Globant, we form Globant Consulting (formerly WAE, recently acquired by Globant), a leading service design consultancy that delivers transformation by putting the customer at the heart of the business. We uncover insights to connect and engage our clients with the customers – both emotionally and functionally through research, strategy and design. We partner with visionary senior leadership teams around the world who head up companies that live or die by the customer’s experience of the brand. We like the diversity of our clients, with track records across a variety of industries: financial services, public sector, retail, entertainment. Recent clients are MTA, NBA, Citibank, Shutterstock, TfL, the London Metropolitan Police, HSBC and BlackRock.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to ask the right questions, tackle the right problems and challenge clients where necessary to deliver the right outcomes. We are flexible and adapt to deliver something that’s innovative, sustainable and what clients and customers need, instead of just doing what they’re asking for. We have a team of incredibly talented individuals, with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. We work in highly collaborative teams and there are always opportunities to learn, being surrounded by a great support network.