Senior Test Automation Engineer
Quality Control | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Globant is seeking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer in Test to join a team of great engineers who are responsible for building a client's desktop SDK which is embedded inside all it’s products and used by millions of customers. The senior engineer works within a highly visible team where the code tested will have a direct, positive impact to millions of users of our products. This experience is key to our business and at the top of our corporate initiatives around transformation and customer experience.
• Analyze and convert requirements into user stories and test scenarios
• Write code to automate testing of new functionalities and services using existing architecture, test framework and continuous delivery pipeline
• Design and develop test for availability, reliability, performance, security, messaging, etc.
• Promote and drive sound engineering practices and software quality
• Maintain documentation of test system & environment
• Maximize test coverage of most critical features of the system
• Collaborate with the rest of the team to define and agree on test scope, strategy and production simulation
• Actively participate in the Scrum development process: standups, grooming, sizing, sprint planning
• Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
• 5+ years of progressive, professional experience working as test engineer
• Strong experience with Python language and related tooling (Other language comparable experience would be acceptable such as Go, Java, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience designing tests, defining test scope and identifying functional and non-functional testing (e.g. performance, availability, stability, security, environment, etc.)
• Experience with testing tools and build/release automation
• Passion and drive for automation and sound engineering practice
• High attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and effective written/verbal communication skills
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Experience writing tests and automation for Windows, Linux and Mac
• Knowledge in developing automated test systems for transactional web applications in a CI/CD environment
• Familiarity with working in cloud environments is highly desirable
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.