Senior System Administrator
Infrastructure | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior System Administrator, you will be working with the latest technologies available. So strong experience and competencies are required.
- Frontline support & maintenance of applications and application servers
- Debug and resolve application issues for both clients and servers with a variety of OS combinations (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Apply patches & perform upgrades to applications and application servers
- Automate patch application and custom functionality using scripts and packaging tools
- Perform Linux/Windows server administration under guidance from System Administration team
- Debug basic database issues on Oracle and SQL Server based systems and coordinate resolution with Database Administration team
- Debug basic networking issues around deployment/management of servers and endpoints, VLAN management, latency issues and coordinate with Network Operations team for resolution.
- Document application and app server maintenance procedures in playbooks
- BA/BS degree and/or relevant experience
- Support experience with various operating systems (Linux/Mac/Windows) in the context of both clients and servers
- Knowledge of application servers / web servers, including WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
- Experience with databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience implementing and configuring 3rd-party application software solutions
- Experience with scripting using shell scripts, Python and/or Powershell for task automation
- Willingness to learn technology stacks at Google on short notice
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.