Senior Software Engineer
Software Development | New York, NY, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Sr Software Engineer you will be part of an agile scrum team focused on delivering microservices as part of a major strategy. If you are a fast-learner and dynamic you will find the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek a technically challenging environment, flexible and team-oriented culture, our team would like to meet you.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document development aligned with business requirements
- Develop and test mission-critical enterprise applications that meet business needs
- Provide high quality tech solutions by developing break-fix solutions and enhancements for applications within new and mature technology environments.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- 8+ years experience in software development
- Experience working in agile environments
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- Excellent Core Java (version 8) with knowledge of Java 1.8 features
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate)
- Spring Boot
- RESTful APIs/microservices
- No-SQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
- Log Management with Splunk or ELK
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)
- Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)
- Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion)
- Experience with high volume, mission critical applications
- Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale
GREAT NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in financial industry
- Cloud Foundry or AWS experience
- Experience with Cucumber, Jenkins
We are ready.