Senior Software Developer (Node.js)
Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect.
We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Globant is in search of organized self-motivated Senior Software Developer (Node.js) to join our growing team in San Francisco, CA. The team is driving the transformation of our client's business models, account & user management. We solve complex problems, build to scale, improve reliability, and ultimately make sure things don't break for our millions of users across our product lines. We tackle difficult architectural, performance and reliability problems across a complex landscape. Your experience and coding skills will help automate testing, elevate product quality and drive continuous delivery of services and applications.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Design, develop, re-factor, optimize, and enhance web applications
- Participate in the design and implementation of well-architected and scalable web services through the evaluation, integration and deployment of open source and commercial components
- Work closely with business users, product owners, and other developers in a tightly knit, agile team
- Take on areas of technical ownership within the overall solution.
- Measure and optimize software and end-to-end system performance
- Collaboratively work with architects, engineers and vendors to realize the total product vision as a comprehensive world-class solution
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems
- Document system and application architectures
- Work with adjacent teams on integrations with software-as-a-service products, back office systems or desktop software features
- Keep your ear to the ground and help us incorporate industry best practices and important developments into our products
- Coach, mentor Junior developers on the team
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3+ year Experience with using cloud platforms such as AWS, and Heroku.
- 2+ years of experience with large scale e-commerce systems.
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL 'database' such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Strong Understanding of REST API architecture is required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems like SAP (SD/MM) and CRM systems like Salesforce and Seibel is desired.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, the MVC paradigm, Service-Oriented Design and Event based systems.
- Experience with third-party APIs and Web Services
- Design and implement efficient, reusable, intuitive, flexible, extensible and testable Code
- Working knowledge of the general web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with TDD, Agile development using Scrum process.
- Experience with deployment and code management using Git and Jenkins
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- AWS Lambda and Serverless or FaaS design experience is a plus
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready