Senior Software Developer (Node.js)
Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Globant is in search of organized self-motivated Senior Software Engineer (Node.js) to join our growing team in San Francisco, CA. The team is driving the transformation of our client's business models, account & user management. We solve complex problems, build to scale, improve reliability, and ultimately make sure things don't break for our millions of users across our product lines. We tackle difficult architectural, performance and reliability problems across a complex landscape.
Your experience and coding skills will help automate testing, elevate product quality and drive continuous delivery of services and applications.
- Design, develop, re-factor, optimize, and enhance web applications
- Participate in the design and implementation of well-architected and scalable web services through the evaluation, integration and deployment of open source and commercial components
- Work closely with business users, product owners, and other developers in a tightly knit, agile team
- Take on areas of technical ownership within the overall solution.
- Measure and optimize software and end-to-end system performance
- Collaboratively work with architects, engineers and vendors to realize the total product vision as a comprehensive world-class solution
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems
- Document system and application architectures
- Work with adjacent teams on integrations with software-as-a-service products, back office systems or desktop software features
- Keep your ear to the ground and help us incorporate industry best practices and important developments into our products
- Coach, mentor Junior developers on the team
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3+ year Experience with using cloud platforms such as AWS, and Heroku.
- 2+ years of experience with large scale e-commerce systems.
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL 'database' such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Strong Understanding of REST API architecture is required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems like SAP (SD/MM) and CRM systems like Salesforce and Seibel is desired.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, the MVC paradigm, Service-Oriented Design and Event based systems.
- Experience with third-party APIs and Web Services
- Design and implement efficient, reusable, intuitive, flexible, extensible and testable Code
- Working knowledge of the general web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with TDD, Agile development using Scrum process.
- Experience with deployment and code management using Git and Jenkins
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- AWS Lambda and Serverless or FaaS design experience is a plus
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.