Senior Program Manager
Project Management | San Jose, CA | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This Senior Program Manager position will play a key role in our organization, aspects of our Commerce initiatives. The organization that the role supports is responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end customer experience for purchase, entitlements, and provisioning of subscriptions and services used by customers. The position will report into the Director of Business Operations and will dominate through several areas of business and technical delivery several areas of business and technical delivery.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Ensures all aspects of an initiative/program, from initial concept planning and requirements review, through scheduling and logistics, through the final hand-offs post go-live are identified, tracked, and executed to their greatest potential.
- Is seen as a Subject Matter Expert, and can cover for any other role in the meeting: Product Management, Engineering, Architecture, QA, etc. They have a firm understanding of the business goals, and find creative solutions for engineering problems yielding the fastest time to market.
- Creates and tracks all aspects of a program, including: detailed project plans and milestones, resource allocations, risks/issues remediation, status reporting, budget management, and is the general “go to” person for details & status of the project.
- Oversees multiple concurrent projects and programs; varying in size/scope/complexity, spanning across several different teams and orgs.
- Participates with management teams in creating materials and models used for quarterly and annual recasting of initiatives and priorities.
- Creating material(s) that can be consumed at various levels of the organization – from executive-level presentations, to finite-level materials to be consumed by project/program teams.
- Proactively identifies risks in all assigned areas; work with teams and management to mitigate these risks before they become issues.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail; understands the what, why, when, how and who to drive better solutions.
- Self-starter w/ 7+ years of progressive project/program management experience on large scale initiatives; background in business process management and PMO-best practices a strong plus
- Working industry knowledge of commerce (acquisition and retention), subscriptions, subscription management, and general SaaS components.
- Working experience project/program managing both home-grown as well as purchased apps (SFDC, SAP, etc.) a big plus; along with knowledge of both B2B/B2C spaces.
- Self-Awareness: knows when to drive the conversation, and knows when to set the table for the project team to and step aside (facilitator vs. moderator – and when to use which skill).
- Working amongst competing priorities and competing schedules to get your project across the finish line in a mode that brings value to stakeholders inside and outside.
- Must know their audience, and be comfortable presenting to everyone from C-level to the Individual Contributor assigned to the project/program; must be able to influence, and have data-driven conversations.
- Be able to work well across organizations and forum relationships with a globally-diverse workforce
- Solid knowledge of the Scrum methodology
- Previous experience with projects related to PCI, PII, ISO or other compliance-related work a plus.
- Experience with applications such as Jira, or other workload (Backlog) management tools required
- Fundamental budget management skills desired
- Bachelor's degree / 7+ years of progressive experience
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.