Senior Node JS Developer-Relocation Provided!
Software Development | Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
We are seeking a skilled Senior Node JS Developer The candidate is expected to have a strong sense of design principles, independence and proactivity and should also aim at producing high quality code and be able to lead a mid size development team.
As part of his responsibilities a Developer you will work closely with internal product owners and engineering teams in validating solution architecture and business needs. Project work will include working directly with client business and technology staff to develop enterprise scalable solutions, and analyzing existing applications/services to stabilize and improve them. This job is multifunctional and will require delivery ownership and hands on development when needed..
Utilize programming languages like Node or Scala to build full-stack applications. Build event-driven microservice oriented systems on cloud-based infrastructure
• Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, NPM, Maven, Git and Docker
• Develop and deploying distributed and streaming applications using Open Source frameworks such as Kafka, Avro, Akka, Storm, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Node, and more
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of professional work experience in microservice-oriented, distributed systems
• Very significant experience with Node
• Experience with enterprise architecture patterns
• Extensive hands-on experience solving business problems with software
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
• A strong sense for API design, data model design, naming, and decomposing monoliths into microservices
• Understanding on how to apply security at the different levels of development stack
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.