Senior Mobile Android Developer (NYC)
Software Development | New York, NY, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
We are currently searching for a Senior Mobile Android Developer.
The Mobile developer will be engaged in all phases of the development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, specification review and approval, working with interaction designer, application architecture, collaborating with external teams to make applications work together, application implementation and debugging/troubleshooting, fixing defects and supporting test team, application deployment and maintenance, scrum and agile concepts, refactoring, working closely with our business partners, writing clear maintainable code that works, documenting using wiki, continuous integration, unit testing, code reviews, automated builds and functional.
- Complete development assignments on time with an appropriate level of quality to support project efforts.
- Concurrently participate in multiple technology projects from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Act as a primary point of contact for development projects with other technology teams.
- Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
Responsible for exceptional verbal and written communication including:
- Project risks and issues
- Project status
- Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
- Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
Our Ideal Android Developer Should have:
- 5+ years of combined software/application development experience
- Experience with all phases of the development life cycle
- Experience developing mobile applications using Objective C, Java or C#
- Created 1 or more applications available in Apple's AppStore or Google's Android Market
- Experience with the following is highly desired:
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Familiarity with how to optimize code for phones, testing with phones, challenges with phones
- Experience with GIT source control management.
- Experience consuming SOAP web services
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to clarify application requirements via phone/email with business partners in addition to relying on technical requirements documentation
- Have experience working on successful co-located delivery teams
- Have experience and a passion for test-driven development
- Experience delivering products across multiple releases
- Experience with automated acceptance/regression testing
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.