Senior Java Engineer
Software Development | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior Java Developer you will be working with the latest technologies in a really challenging and professional environment with our onsite team!
What you'll do:
- Identify business and functional requirements, and actively participate in the requirements, design and build phases; delivering high quality deliverables
- develop mock client apps to perform end-to-end testing
- Assist in production monitoring setup and rollout to partners
- Monitor product quality, triage any issues and adjust as customers deem necessary.
- Create documentation including functional specifications, source to target mappings, system specifications
- Data analysis
What will make you succeed in this role:
- Solid experience with:
- Core JAVA, J2EE, Spring fundamentals, spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring boot
- Consumed and implemented REST and SOAP APIs Database
- Experience working in agile environments (2+ years)
- Expert in writing PLSQL programs as packages, stored procedures, functions
- Hands-on understanding on oracle objects like synonyms, Views, Materialized Views, DB Links, file utilities
- Expertise in SQL queries like joins, subqueries, correlated queries, query tuning etc. • Code tunings and performance tuning experience
- CONTROLM or other: Scheduler, monitoring, logging, alerting
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk or NewRelic (nice to have)
- Experience with monitoring tools for Datapower and Splunk
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Great oral and written communication skills.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.