Senior Java Developer
Java Developer | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Technology continues to transform the financial services industry. Our client expect us to deliver banking services in innovative ways, and to provide digital channels to help them communicate, execute trades, and purchase financial products. Banks today require fast, secure, innovative technology, along with robust foundational systems that can handle traditional banking tasks efficiently.
The Client & Content Technology department within our client's Global Research division is looking for software engineers to join its team of dedicated professionals. The role is to design and develop software solutions in the Research Publishing team which provide tools and applications for our client's research analysts to publish research to clients and vendors.
- Contribute to the strategic technology choices and solution design for the research publishing business.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and troubleshoot research publishing Java REST services and background processes
- Apply best practices in software application development, utilizing current industry standard tools and frameworks
- Communicate well (verbal and written) with global team members and business users on solution design, implementation details and estimates, progress updates and issues/risks.
- Efficiently deliver quality software solutions that meet business requirements
- Collaborate well within and outside of the team to deliver solutions
This is an intermediate-senior hands-on development role for an enthusiastic technologist. As such, the role will require the ability to work independently and proactively drive and prioritize development to meet strategic requirements whilst adhering to business priorities, specifications and timelines. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and technology as well as grow within the team.
Essential Skills Needed
- 5-8+ years’ experience as a software engineer in a demanding business-critical environment.
- Solid track record in delivering enterprise, global applications using Java, Spring Boot/MVC, RDBMS (Sybase or Oracle preferred), caching, OO or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate expertise in software design and patterns
- Ability to take ownership of solutions and deliver on time
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and innovative approach
- Can-do attitude with the ability and passion to learn new technologies and seek new challenges
- Sensitivity to control and risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of working with Agile development practices and tools e.g. Scrum, JIRA, TDD, CI/CD
- Knowledge/experience in Lucene, Activiti BPMN, GlassFish, Jetty, Netflix Zuul, NGINX
- Experience with web and mobile development frameworks e.g. AngularJS , Bootstrap, jQuery, ReactJS
- Experience in NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.