Senior Java Developer
Software Development | Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
We engage at all levels with passion, innovation and a near obsession for adding value to our clients with each interaction. As such we seek people with similar drive and ethics to join our growing team. Right now we are seeking an exceptional Senior Java Developer to join our Consumer Experience Studio. This position will require a full-time presence in Montreal, Quebec. We are looking for a skilled engineer that has experience building and deploying large-scale, production Node applications.
- Translate functional specifications and work items into logical, component-based technical designs
- Work with Program Managers, Test Engineers and Operations to design, develop, test and deploy world-class software
- Develop solutions ensuring adherence to the engineering process. Propose improvements in design and process
- Database system architecture and general database software development
- Minimum of 8 years as a software developer using Java
- Experience in relational DB development (data modeling, SQL, stored procs)
- Experience developing web services (REST preferred over SOAP
- Strong knowledge of various Java technologies stacks (Java 8, Spring, Springboot, AWS, etc)
- Ability to adapt to technological and business changes, strong learning skills
- Java & OOP (must)
- Spring (must)
- Unit testing (must)
- REST or WebServices (must)
- Microservices or SOA knowledge
- High volume applications
- Agile methodology
- Elasticsearch or no-sql experience
- Scalable platforms
- AWS or cloud platforms
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation... in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.