Senior Java Developer
Software Development | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Globant is searching for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join our team. As a Java Engineer you will be responsible for helping us to develop and support and in-house solution adopted with one of our clients to automatize DevOps and Release Management tasks, this innovation platform is used by 30,000 IT employees globally with our client.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade Java based web applications
- Take ownership of new features for the platform across the full software development lifecycle
- Customize and extend commercial and open source solutions by creating, for example, plugins for tools such as JIRA, Jenkins or Gradle
- Identify opportunities to increase automation in the bank’s development and release lifecycle.
- Provide operational support for the platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience
- Provide technical expertise for the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank
- Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- 7 years’ experience designing and developing Java based web applications using frameworks such as Spring Boot or Grails.
- Comprehensive knowledge around software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, and Artifactory
- Experience with Maven and Gradle dependency management
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests with frameworks such as Junit, Mockito and Selenium
- Solid understanding installing, maintaining and monitoring Java applications on Linux
- Proficient skills debugging and performance tuning Linux based applications
- Familiarity with highly available, scalable and resilient applications/architectures
- Dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, manage and deliver projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Grails, Groovy and other languages
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Salt
- Experience maintaining a large application platform with a focus on availability and monitoring
- Experience with process automation using scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Familiarity setting up large scale CI/CD pipelines
- Expert aptitude working with containers and virtualization solutions
- Familiarity with front end technologies such as JQuery and Angular
- .Net development (MSBuild)
- Familiarity with cloud offerings (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud)
- Working within a globally distributed team
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.