Senior Java API Developer
Software Development | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Java API Developer/Lead you will be working with the latest technologies in a really challenging and professional environment with our onsite team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- API design in conjunction with the API development teams.
- Responsible for design of API Gateway configuration
- Review of detailed designs, to ensure appropriate security, scalability, reliability, end user experience, and business reports and analytics
- Enhancing and managing the API test tools
- Ensuring that the solution aligns to strategic architecture.
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure correct setup of servers, load balancers, firewalls, and monitoring across the board
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- You have 6+ years of hands-on development using Java, with at least 3 in Internet facing applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- Maven Unix Spring boot, spring cloud, spring batch Kafka Cassandra Rest API API gateway MQ Cloud foundry Git Jenkins Agile
- You have 2 years of hands-on OAuth set up, API creation, API management, and developer portal using API Connect and Datapower
- You understand API design and API management
- Experienced in delivering applications through the entire SDLC process, QA testing and Performance testing techniques
- Experienced in working with infrastructure teams to set up servers, load balancers, firewalls etc.
- Capable of picking up new technologies and developing new solutions
- Experience in financial industry
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.