Senior Digital Architect
Consulting | New York, NY, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Senior Digital Architect to provide high-level architectural direction that drives project-level requirements.
Expectations for this role:
- Offer consultation, recommendations and education to clients on the appropriate technical choices to best meet established project goals
- Provide technical and architecture requirements
- Understand the state of the project at any given point in time and regularly report on status
- Address issues that arise with implementation of the strategic plan established for a project
- Ensure that project activities are aligned with the statement of work
- Mentor team members
- Participate in scrum and weekly meetings during periods of active involvement
Forrester Quote from "Meet the Digital Architects of your Technology Strategy" Article:
"We separate digital architects from the developer crowd based on three characteristics. They aspire to set architectural direction; deploy open source software across four or more technology areas; and use three or more types of cloud services.
Digital Architects are self-motivated and customer-focused. Digital Architects do not wait idly for good things to happen - they seize control to make good things happen."
- Ability to travel to NYC to be onsite with client 4 days a week
- Client facing as well as technical team leadership is a must
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years of full stack end to end software engineering.
- In depth Service architecture knowledge and experience
- Experience profiling and diagnosing system, databases and networking
- API design and implementation knowledge and experience
- Modernization of legacy IT systems and cloud migrations
- Cloud architecture, designing API infrastructure in AWS
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and team work experience and expertise
- Bachelor's in Computer Science (or related major) or equivalent experience. We are looking for people who understand how reliable, maintainable, and scalable software is built.
- 5+ years of leading a software team and leading/nurturing client relationships
- DevOps, Cloud, Data Science, Machine Learning, AI
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.