Senior DevOps Engineer
DevOps | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be designing and implementing the cloud infrastructure over AWS to support our client's new platform. So strong experience and competencies with these technologies are required.
- You hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture and implementation).
- You enjoy designing, managing and maintaining tools to automate engineering operations
- You have a deep understanding of continuous delivery and methodologies on AWS
- You have Experience with AWS Services and management including EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, CloudFront
- You have Experience with building AWS infrastructures with aws cloud formation
- You have Experience with automating containers deployment using Docker
- You have prior Experience building CI/CD pipelines for blue/green deployments
- You have prior Experience with Build/CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Cruise Control, TeamCity etc.
- You have prior Experience configuring monitoring systems like Splunk, Dynatrace, Nagios
- You can own and drive initiatives spanning multiple orgs to automate engineering operations
- You have enabled engineering teams to ship features following agile methods.
- You are an expert in supporting and maintaining cloud based platforms.
- You have at least 8 to 10 years of professional experience in managing unix based infrastructure
- You have a minimum of BS in computer science or related fields
- 4 years of solid experience working with AWS and CICD using Docker.
- Linux based systems administration
- MySQL multi master and replication
- NoSQL database, Mongo, DynamoDB.
- RabbitMQ clustering/federation
- Monitoring cloud apps (CloudWatch/Collectd/Dynatrace)
- Configuration management (Puppet)
- Service Discovery (Consul)
- Secrets vault (Vault)
- PCI/SOX compliance architecture
- Change management (Service Now / Jira)
- Jenkins pipeline, java stack with multiple plug-ins (Slack integration, Sonar, promotion, github, artifactory, nexus, docker trusted registry, maven, gradle)
- AWS services: VPC, EC2, ELB, ALB, S3, Autoscaling, ECS, ECR, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, CloudWatch alerts, CloudWatch Logs, CodeDeploy, IAM, RDS, CloudTrail
- Splunk, for log search, dashboards and alerts
- Good communication and technical writing skills
- Agile and Kanban methodology. Rally.
AWS certification required for this partition: Solutions Architect Associate level, Developer associate level.
JBoss / Linux certifications desired.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- Elastic Search
- New Relic
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.