Software Development | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improve overall performance and reliability.
- Support and improve internal tools for deployment of the shared Infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain tools for proactive monitoring, planning, and performance tuning of the internal Infrastructure.
- Perform complex day to day troubleshooting and resolution of Infrastructure issues (Network, Storage, Servers,OS, Applications, etc.).
- Expand and evolve internal Infrastructure in a scalable, highly available, and distributed fashion.
- Be able to keep a cool head under “fire” and take part in a shared weekly guru rotation.
- Effectively interact with other development organizations in order to accomplish shared projects successfully.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Create Architecture, Designs and Documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of the developer Infrastructure.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of automation and configuration management for all levels of development Infrastructure.
- Refine and enhance processes that allow for proper testing and validation of releases that go from development to staging to production environments.
- 7+ years of experience working in large, high-volume, production distributed environments.
- 5+ years of hands on Linux administration experience (CentOS/RedHat/SUSE preferred).
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple areas of infrastructure (Servers, Storage, Networking, vSphere, etc.).
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking concepts (Subnets, VLANs, Jumbo Frames, LACP, NIC Teaming, Unicast/Broadcast/Multicast, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, SSH, etc.).
- Scripting Experience – (Python, Shell preferred).
- Must be an eager self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to operate independently without much supervision. Should be able to multi-task effectively and finish projects in a timely fashion.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including documentation and the ability to interact effectively with executives and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.