Senior Data Architect
Software Development | Stamford, CT | Full Time
At Globant we boost our client's digital experience by ideating and creating the most innovative software products leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We are the place where innovation, design, and engineering meet scale. The most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team result in 19 studios where engineering and design meet scale to create digital journeys.
We do that by leveraging engineering, design, and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, e-commerce, and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The position of Senior Data Integration Engineer will play a critical role in our Data Integration Team. The candidate will be involved in building infrastructure projects and processing real-time trade activity for one of the world’s largest and most successful financial firms. The Data Integration Engineer will also work on evaluating new technologies, testing new features, supporting changing business needs, and addressing architecture challenges. We frequently evaluate new technologies and try to find the best tools to resolve our use cases.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages, such as Java or Scala
- Experience using ETL tools Pentaho / Nifi
- Experience in building real-time ETL solutions
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem or related (Avro, HBase, Spark, Pig, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Storm, YARN, MapReduce)
- Experience with OLTP and OLAP data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of the latest DevOps tools like Jira, Github, SVN
- Experience working on any Business Intelligence (BI) tools (Pentaho BI / Tableau)
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL Building efficient storage for structured and unstructured data
- Development experience in a Linux environment
- Software development processes including Agile, iterative development, continuous integration
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience and a BS Degree in Computer Science (or related)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive hands-on experience solving business problems with software
- Understanding the challenges of working with distributed and multi-threaded systems along with experience monitoring those systems and troubleshooting problems
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Teach others and is open to learning
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come to join us.
We are ready.