Senior Backend Engineer
Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios. We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, e-commerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Senior Backend Engineer will play a crucial role in architecting, implementing and deploying systems, tools, and services. Our client is building all of their systems from the ground up so they are agile and they move fast. Many employees depend on these systems every day, and you'll play a central role in all of this.
As a core member of a cross-functional team comprised of engineers, PMs, designers and data scientists you will work collaboratively to build new products and support our existing ones. You will also collaborate with the product management team in both analyzing requirements and defining the end product.
- Competency in core computer science data structures and algorithms
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience building, testing and shipping commercially available software products
- RESTful API design
- Architecting software and cloud infrastructure at scale
- Relational and key-value data stores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Impressive scale
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of a variety of languages is desired and encouraged: Python, Ruby, Go, Java, C/C++ and others
- Knowledge of mapping technologies
- Unit and Integration testing
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.